It’s no surprise that some of my favorite April Fools Day pranks are right out of the kitchen. Here are some of my favorites:
- Trap the silverware drawer in Jell-o. It’s a complicated prank but it really pays off.
- Swap mashed potatoes for ice cream. Hey, at least it doesn’t melt…
- Loosen the lid on the salt shaker. Some unsuspecting hungry person will have quite a shock.
- Wake up early and swap out the sugar in the sugar bowl with salt. When dad goes for his morning cup of coffee they’ll be in for quite a shock.
- Scrape the frosting off the insides of Oreos and replace with toothpaste. Put all the Oreos back in the package and leave it out on the counter.
- When your little sister asks you to make her a PB&J after school, use pasta sauce instead of jelly. She won’t notice until after she takes the first bite.
- When setting the dinner table, drop a couple ice cubes in one of the water glasses and fill it up with white vinegar instead of water. Ew!